A little background on David
Although David’s love for hunting began as a teenager, his love for running came much later in life. He initially ran a few road marathons but his passion for running didn’t occur until he moved to Colorado and discovered trail running. His love for the mountain trails soon turned his passion for running into an obsession. David has ran ultra marathons ranging from 26.2 to 100 miles in length.
Leadville Trail Marathon: 5 hr 11 min
Cimarron 50K: 4 hr 40 min
El Vaquero Loco 50K: 6 hr 56 min
Moab Red Hot 55K: 5 hr 42 min
Moab Red Hot 33K: 2 hr 47 min
A little background on Matt
For as long as I can remember I have had a longing for the outdoors. As a young boy I could always be found at the lake or river, not swimming but rather fishing. My passion for the outdoors only increased as my dad would take us camping and when I was a bit older, hunting. I can remember as a young boy, sitting high up in a tree as multiple bears gorged themselves below us on doughnuts and popcorn. My dad instilled in me a passion, not only for the outdoors but also for conservation and a desire to share the outdoors with others. He taught me how to respect our wildlife and the lands they call home. He also taught me that with hard work and dedication I could achieve anything I set my mind and heart to. This lead to me being a state champion in wrestling in high school and a college wrestler and hockey player. I now am passionate about wildlife photograph, long distance obstacle races, hunting, conservation and sharing it with others. I am president of the Four Corners chapter of SCI, I am a writer/blogger for Earned magazine. I reside it my hometown of Durango in SW CO where I am raising my boys and doing my best to pass on to them what my father passed down to me. Every chance I have I get my boys outdoors. Whether it is fishing, hiking and looking for sheds, camping, shooting, hunting or obstacle racing, we get outside as much as possible.
A little background on Seth
Seth’s time as a trainer opened his eyes to the amazing transformations people are making daily to go from diabetic to pre-diabetic to healthy. This change was amazingly simple, change what you eat and change what you do. It was harder to implement, but doable.
At Altra Seth learned the art of running technique, technical design, and latest and greatest trends in the industry. I was able to rub shoulders with the men and women we learn about in the magazines. This allowed me to ask specific questions I always wondered about.
At iFit Seth built on his technology base and further analyzed the worth of all the data thrown at us by our devices. Some is good, some is bad and some is misunderstood. It is vital to know the difference.
Seth Currently is a sales manager for Spillman Technologies, a premier public safety software company. He travels regularly to the Midwest, although he lives in Utah with his wonderful family. His wife, Meagan, and children, Sage, Myler and Dash… Yep hunting and running names. We enjoy getting out in the mountains, whether it is for running, hiking, shed hunting, scouting, or hunting.
• 50k – 3:43, Buffalo Run 50K
• Marathon – 2:22:51, Ogden Marathon 2009 (All-Time Course Record)
• 25k – 1:44:04 Buffalo Run 25K (All-Time Course Record)
• Half Marathon – 1:07:28 Bryce Canyon Half 2009
• Trail Ten Mile – 58:44, Kiluea Volcano Run 2007 (All-Time Course Record)
• 8K – 23:16, WAC Championships, 2007, Logan, UT (All-Time WAC Championship Record)
• 5K – 14:20, UW Husky Invite
A little background on Ryan
- Desert RATS Stage Race – Three time overall champion and holder of several stage records
- 24 Hours of Boulder – 1st Place with 111 miles completed
- 24 Hours of Utah (50k) – 1st Place
- Colfax Marathon 2015 – 10th overall with Boston Qualifying time of 2:52:05
- Leadville Trail 100 – Two time finisher with best time of 22:33:04
- Western States 100 2014 – Sub 24 hour finisher at 20:45:22
- Run Rabbit Run 100 (Hare) 2014, 2015 – 2 sub-24hr finishes (11th and 10th Place Male)
- Silver Rush 50 – 6th overall with a finish of 7:39:08
- Successfully finished over 25+ trail ultras since 2012
A little background on Cheryl
Although Cheryl is not a hunter or a runner (knee problems) she has always been the supportive team for David. Cheryl likes to ride bikes and hike and loves being in and exploring the outdoors and being active. Cheryl also likes to work in her art studio making pottery and doing DIY crafts with bottles.
Cheryl is looking forward to the busy future of scouting and hunting trips, ultra races, making art and spending quality time with David.